Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More about me and about the Tampa Project

Hello! I hope you are doing well! I am so excited that you are reading this and are excited about what our great God is doing!

As you may know, I am involved with an organization called Campus Outreach at Murray State University.  God has used this organization in mighty ways to grow my faith, teach me more about Himself, and ultimately to cause me to fall exceedingly deeper in love with him.  I have grown more in my relationship with God and experienced him in ways that I never imagined possible! One of the tools that God has blessed me with through Campus outreach is a summer program called Tampa project.  I have been to a beach project two times in the past.  It is a 10 week program where students live in Florida, work a job, and receive training in becoming a disciple for Jesus as well as giving their lives away to make disciples of Jesus.  It’s a unique opportunity that has given me so many priceless ministry and life tools that benefit me daily.

            Since I’ve been at Murray State, I have witnessed 7 girls receive Christ as their Savior and Lord.  I am so blessed that the Lord has chosen to work in and around me this way! The tools and vision that made this possible were a direct result of the Lord moving while I was on a beach project.  This summer, I have been blessed with the incredible opportunity to go back to the beach project as one of the student leaders- the third step in the leadership structure of this project.  On the project, there is one student director and 6 student team leaders who handle all of the logistics and training for the project.   In this role, I will be one of the people in charge of the 150 students on project! This is a very large, scary and exciting role to be in.  I know that God will use this summer to stretch me in many ways, grow my faith, develop my leadership skills, and mature me as a person in general. 

Additionally, I am praying that God will start to solidify my vision for the rest of my life.  My greatest joy in life is seeing the girls I love come to know the love of Christ, surrender their life over to him, and fall deeply in love with Him.  I believe I am being called to ministry in some way and am trusting God to show me exactly where he wants me.  I am so excited to be returning to this project and giving back to the program where my life was forever changed.  I believe wholeheartedly in the concept of multiplication.  This means that by pouring my life into the students on this project, they will in turn pour their lives into the students on the college campus around them and ultimately into the world.  The impact that this summer could have on the world for Christ is really limitless!


Here is a link to the website for the Tampa Project with some cool information and a great video!
Tampa Project Info and Video


No comments:

Post a Comment